1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow suggestions

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by Kb2112, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Kb2112

Kb2112 Junior Member
    from NY

Hi All,

New guy here. I'd like to put a plow on my 99 Tacoma. It is a 4 cylinder, with a 5 speed manual trann and airbags. I am not interested in plowing commercially, but only really a few driveways (friends and family - including mine).

What is an inexpensive plow set up that will not require major expensive modifications to my truck?

What should I look for, and stay clear of.

Thank You

kb

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite.

Do some searches in the import forum and I would also suggest the Sno-Way forum. We have lots of customers with Toyotas running our plows.

3. Kb2112

Kb2112 Junior Member
    from NY

What would this set-up run?

4. PhatSupraTT

PhatSupraTT Member

I recently bought a 22 series with down pressure installed for $3940 with tax. I did however have a 10% off coupon so you can do the math.

I was leaning towards the Western Suburbanite and am very glad I paid the extra $800 for the Snoway. When looking at them side by side, the Suburbanite looks like a piece of crap compared to the Snoway.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I have a Fisher LD 6.8 on my 94 Toyota with Timbrens to help with the weight. The fisher is really heavy but a solid plow. I recently bought a snoway V for my ford and was impressed with its weight reduction over a similar fisher/boss/western V. The down pressure is a cool feature too.

Keep your eye out for a used snoway in the local papers or on Craigslist. I saw a used snoway 22 for a 95-99 tacoma for $1200. I was very close to adding another toyota to my fleet.:eek:

6. BenHD

BenHD Junior Member
    from So NH

Just put a 22 Sno-Way w/ down pressure on my 05 Tacoma DC....love it, but it is not cheap...over 4K

7. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

I'd say sno-way . Just my 2 cents.

8. jgibb150

jgibb150 Junior Member
    from Indiana

I would go with a Boss sport duty or a Western mid weight