1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow stuck on truck

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sogreen01, Nov 21, 2014.

1. sogreen01

sogreen01 Junior Member
    from MI

Plugged the plow in did two back blades in my driveway , now The plow won't move. Power to the lights, solenoid is clicking when the control buttons are manipulated. Plow is still plugged in.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Give the plow motor a few taps with hammer and see if you can get it going again. If so replace motor.

3. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Check power and 13-pin plugs for snow/ice.

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Also tap the solenoid...with same hammer if you want.

5. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn Member

The battery feeding the plow, check it as well. The solenoid could be clicking because it doesnt have enough power to click all the way over and feed the pump motor.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Highly doubt this

7. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

How old is this plow?

8. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Sometimes the easiest and obvious problems can be overlooked. This happened to mine during a bad storm a couple years back. I lost half the plows functions. Got out and saw the plugs had so much heavy ice and snow on it pulling it out

9. sogreen01

sogreen01 Junior Member
    from MI

I unhooked plow, reattached it to the truck and it started working. Maybe it wasn't grounded well.

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Plow Isn't grounded through the plow frame. If it is, that needs to change.