1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow stuck in up position

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by krewl1, Feb 10, 2006.

1. krewl1

krewl1 Junior Member

I bought this pump (e60) used and am new to the plow scene. I had a little problem before where when it reached the fully extended condition that it took awhile before it would finally come back down. I changed fluids and filters and checked voltage and now when I fully raise the plow it gets stuck and does not come back down. I can raise and lower the plow all day long but if I fully raise it it will get stuck.
    Any suggestions?
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

what hole in the lift arm is the ram pinned at, also is it a high lift pump? (E-60-H)
  3. krewl1

krewl1 Junior Member

I tried it in both holes to no avail (right now it is in hole closest to bumper) and I am not sure if it is a H or not. It only says e60. Should the bottom bolt to the hoop be tight or should it have some play for the pump to move?
  4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

there should be some room for the pump to pivot in the frame, typically 1/16" or the width of a penny on each side , if it is overtightned that may be a cause of it sticking when the plow is raised all the way

bbbbut my theory is that there is either something blocking up the drop ajustment needle valve or you have a bent ram
  5. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

I had an E-60 about 5 years ago do that to me. It worked fine for a year and the next it stuck in the 'up' position. The only way that I could get it down was to loosen the solenoid to releive some pressure in the system and the weight of the blade made the cylinder drop back down. Took me about 4 tries to finally figure out what the prob was......bent lift cylinder. Only way to fix it was to get a new cylinder, so I sold the original pump for parts and got a new one xysport

My suggestion is if you don't have the $$ for a new pump, go to a hydraulic shop and let them have it for a while.