1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Storage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dmjr77, Feb 25, 2005.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Hello! I just found a place where I can keep my 2 MM Plows out of the weather neatly tucked away in a garage. Does anyone know of a company that makes a dolly system for a MM plow? Or can something be made out of wood or steel?
    Thank You

2. rondoga

rondoga Junior Member

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

djmr77,
    The plow dolly's above look like a pretty good solution. The dollys they make for snowmobiles work pretty good for me. I haven't put my plow in the shop much this winter but when I have the sled dollys worked well. Only thing is mounting and dismounting can be tricky, the mount doesn't marry up to the plow without some help. But you can pick them up for about $30-50 depending on type.

Buck

4. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

2 meter dolly

try a moving dolly.(not a two wheeler) the one that is made of 4 casters 4 pieces of 1x3 with some carpet wrapped around two sides. $10 at job lot. it is the perfect height. I am not saying make one I think the casters would cost $10.

5. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Rollers

You can also make rollers out of old plow shoes. Weld casters to the old shoes, and then pin those two into place, and a little platform (roller type) to put the plow stand on. When I got my used plow, they came with it. Really, you don't even need the plowstand roller platform, as you can just lift that side pretty easily, and let the blade roll on shoe rollers. Works decent.

Jeff

6. danno

danno Senior Member

Excellent :drinkup:

7. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

8. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

Back when I had my CJ and a Meyer 6.5, my dad and I made one from 4x4's, plywood and casters. We had to take the plow off because we were rebuilding the engine, and needed a mobile place to put the plow. Worked pretty good. Since it was old, it was HEAVY, and we used his shop crane to take it on and off the platform.