1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow storage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by andrewlawnrangr, Jan 3, 2005.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

has anyone here made or welded their own plow cart. if so can u post pics. i am planing on welding my own up. i bought casters that have a weight rating of 500 lbs each so i think im good.
    any help is appreshated

2. Jone43

Jone43 Member

I made one out of a heavy duty doly that I could drop mine on and role it ot the back of the garage. Works pretty well.
  3. swolff

swolff Junior Member

Pallet jack

We have found a regular pallet jack works great. Drop the plow and push the pallet jack right under the plow like it is your truck. This has worked with our Bosses, Western and our Snoways.
  4. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

They sell a small three piece set up. I have one for my snowmobiles that works fine. Two saddles w/ 4 wheels each go under the blade and one saddle w/ 4 wheels goes under the a frame. They just have to be heavy duty!
  5. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

look in the snow banks for a shopping carriage from your local
    groc store and cut in down
    people leave em everyware :nod:
  6. Treedoc32

Treedoc32 Member

We put the plows on pallets and move them around with either a pallet jack or our bobcat. In the summer, we then stack them on unused pallets of salt.
  7. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

what kind of plow is it?

I made one for my fisher mm. It works ok, i put on wheels that were rated for 400 each from home cheapo. big mistake. I should be able to push the plow by myself but it takes two people. I suggest using the highest rated wheels you can find.
  8. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

my plow is a C-8 Meyer ez mount plus. the casters i got like i said eairler are 500# rated with zerk fittings. i am goin to try and make a cart like the one that CPW sells. also if anyone has the Quick Mount plow cart let me know how u like it

thanks alot
  9. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I made mine out of a 2X8 piece of spruce that is about 5 feet long with about a dozen of the small cheap casters fastened to the bottom of it. This simply has the cutting edge resting on it. I also have a small rear one that has about 5 small casters that the back end of the plow sits on. I have been using it for over a year now and it is still holding up well.