1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow storage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ratherbfishin, May 5, 2012.

1. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

What is the best way to store plows for the summer? Unfortunately,I do not have the luxury of indoor storage.Not too sure about covering with a tarp.I have always just coated with whatever and left to bake! I just invested in a new V and would like to preserve it and my others.

Thanks to all in advance!

2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

You can use a tarp to keep the sun and rain off of it,just be sure to leave the bottom open for ventilation, heard of some guys building a A-frame around the plow then tarping, some just let it sit out in the elements unprotected, or bareback if you prefer lol!!!!

3. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Fluid Film coat it and cover with a tarp and leaving a opening for it to vent and it will look like new this fall

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok four. So I can ff my plow, and throw a tarp over it,,,and when I unveil it in Oct Nov. It'll look like brand new, even tho its an 03

5. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Dear D. If your 03 plow still looks like new today as it did in 03 off the factory floor (NOT) then I would say most likely if you FF it every year It should still look awsome today But we all know the truth to your posting

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I was thinking the same thing when I read that post! LOL

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Lol. That's the way I read it,,,,the plow will come out shiney and new lol......
    But as far as what we do with our work plows,,,,just white lith the angle rams and that's it

8. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

well

Last year we stored them under our "garage" but this year we bought some industrial shelving so we would have the freedom to still use that space in the garage and also witht he purchase of new equipment all of our plows wont fit under there now. Plus now we can park the skid steers under there or pull them out to work on trucks or plows etc...

We are also going to shrink wrap the plows so they stay out of the weather while sitting on the racks.

Last year vs. this year.

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

9. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

wash em
    fluid film em
    park em

all these plows are 10 years old or so.

IMG_20120507_182044.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2012