1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow stopped workiong

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by klevelik, Feb 7, 2013.

1. klevelik

klevelik Junior Member

I have an older western plow. Just got it a couple weeks ago. I was plowing and it stopped moving up, left or right. will go down. I have checked all the connections and the all seem tight. I did notice the power stud on the side of the motor will turn. I can not tighten it or unscrew it from the motor. I took the cable off from it and touched it to the frame and did not get any sparks, tried jumping the battery to the power terminal and nothing happened. Do you think the stud for the motor is not making connection any more or is there something else I can check? please help
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Which stud is turning. The pos or neg?
  3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

If you cant get the motor to move by jumping it then you need new motor Its not rocket science to figure that out
  4. klevelik

klevelik Junior Member

It was the neg terminal. I replaced the motor and all is working again. thanks for the help.