1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow stopped working

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by FISHERMANXLS, Feb 8, 2015.

1. FISHERMANXLS

FISHERMANXLS Junior Member

Hi everyone. I have a fisher 8' straight blade. The last time I was out it just stopped working. No up down left or right. Messed with the plugs and the lights would switch from truck to plow but still no movement. Replaced motor and fish stick and still got nothing. Only way I can get the thing to work is by jumping power to the hand held control. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have power to the controler. If so check for power at the selenoid when operating the controler also check your fuses check all your battery connections check your grounds too

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try the ground at the plow. Add jumper cables from your truck batt to the plow gnd and see if that works

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

the harness that plugs into port 1 on the isolation module has two plastic plugs with covers on them.Those are two fuses the 15 amp fuse is for park/turn,and the 7.5 amp is for the controller.Check to make sure that fuse isn't blown.Also check to make sure the black wire with the orange stripe is plugged into port 2 on the isolation module.

5. FISHERMANXLS

FISHERMANXLS Junior Member

The module has a b c ports all r plugged in tight and the fuses under the cover that looks like a port plug are good. Also with the fuses behind the headlights are good too. All connections are good. Took them all apart and cleaned them and put terminal protection on them to help slow down corrosion. I took a wire and jumped PIN number 2 and 7 and it still didn't light up controller. Do u guys think that the wire harness or module could be bad?

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Follow the controll harness from inside the cab at the plug back 12-18" and find the red wire coming out of the harness,this will leed to switched 12v,make sure it's still connected.

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Where are you jumping from?

8. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

That's what I love about this forum, 7 solid replies in less than 24 hours without any ball busting. Even still, most of you guys are probably out busy plowing yourselves. Good job men!

9. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

The black & Orange ground wire with the black plug that jumps the ground from port one to port 2. is that supposed to have ground supplied from port one to port 2 or is it gound supplied from port 2 to 1? I seam to have lost ground to my 4 port module.

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Should only get ground when it's plugged into the plow.

11. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

That much I already knew, Dieselss. Anyway, I determined that the ground connecter between the 1st & 2nd plugs was the culprit! so I eliminated the black connector and spliced the ground wires together. Now she's working just fine with the exeption of my 11 pin light plug that needs to be replaced (lights constantly flickering on & off)!