1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Stolen!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by manueln, Dec 4, 2003.

1. manueln

manueln Junior Member

I went to attach my plow and discovered it had been stolen. It was there this morning and around 3pm. However, when I returned to attache the plow at 6pm it was gone.

I stay in Chicago, IL. I am looking to purchase a Western Plow 7'5'' to 8' Unimount blade with feet.

If you know of anyone who may have a plow for sale in the Chicagoland area please contact me at 312-296-6816.

Thank you in advance
    Shawn

2. ilhmt

ilhmt Member

What a bummer. Keep an eye on want ads and e-bay for any plow that sounds like it resembles yours. I think I may make some identifying marks on my plow somewhere to help identify it should I get in the same boat. Anybody have any ideas? Are there any numbers on plows that identify them?

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Fishers have stickers with serial numbers that are easily removed:(

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Western has a serial number on the power unit. If you had installed new by a dealer, they should have the plow serial number on file.

5. ilhmt

ilhmt Member

Thanks Crash...

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

That sucks!:angry:

I hope you find it!:)

7. On my plows I have a welder with a light touch burn an identifying number (drivers liscense number) onto the back of the blade when one blade was taken a few years ago it was turned in when they saw the numbers.
    It may help you.

8. lawnboyil

lawnboyil Junior Member

Shawn

Try CPW out in Tinley Park. I think he had a western out there last week or the week before. Call 1-800-761-1700 there out by the tweeter center

alex

9. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

The serial numbers as arcburn stated can easily be removed. We put the serial numbers on there to help identify when it was built. But other than that calling western will be of no help. More than likly it will stay somewhat local do you remember any identifying dents or scratches. Post the news in the local paper. At least make it a little harder for him to get rid of.

10. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Use a welder and burn in your own identifying marks....also If it was stolen from your home, your home owners may cover it. We will keep an eye out here on our website www.indysnowplowers.com to make sure nobody post it on there.

Good luck...........

KH

11. dsean94

dsean94 Junior Member

Thanks for the assistance

Thanks for your comments. I am the guy who plow was stolen in Chicago. I really appreciate the prompt response. manueln is my wife's logon. www.shawnslawncare.com :waving: