1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow stolen in Des Moines

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by devil_dog_1984, Nov 18, 2009.

1. devil_dog_1984

devil_dog_1984 Junior Member

My wife wakes me up at 6am to tell me my plow was stolen. I live on the south side of Des Moines. The plow is a 7.5 sport duty boss blade. If you guys see some one selling one cheap it might be mine. My dog ate the power wires on the plow so I had to fix them and the plow guide post on the plow are missing. If you can keep you eyes and ears open for me that would be great. I just love how people can steal my plow not knowing that they need the truck side mount and all the wiring on the truck to make it work. So I guess I turn the police case number to the ins. company and hope for the best. So if anyone can help me out it would make my crappy day a little less crappy for me. Also I'm going to need another plow for my truck so if you know anyone selling one I might buy it. (Hopefully it not stolen) Thanks for reading this I know it is a little long but it has been a long morning.

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Your homeowners SHOULD cover it. Or at least thats how I thought it was. I think it has to be specifically written in though. Good luck, im a little far away but ill keep my eyes open for it.

3. FEFMedia

FEFMedia Senior Member

Man sorry to hear that. Yeah it takes time for me to move it and store it in my garage.. But hell I have a alarm System on my garage. At least I know its one less thing I dont have to worry about

4. devil_dog_1984

devil_dog_1984 Junior Member

I think that's what I'm going to do is build a wheeled cart and store the plow in the garage. It sucks the things we have to do now a days to safe guard our equipment. Years ago everyone knew everyone and if someone stepped out on line they felt it. (got a beat down) I wish people where more trustworthy.

5. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

I will keep an eye out. Keep an eye on craigs list.

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Man that sucks but I will keep my eyes open up north here.

7. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

man that really sucks and just before the snow is going to come, i will keep my eyes open in our area as well, hope the scumbag gets caught