1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow still wont move....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Tumas, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

My plow will not move in any direction, and is currently stuck to the right... I removed the S1 Valve/cartridge,and it was slightly stuck, but i cleaned it up,and it now moves very easily... but the plow still will not move in any direction... the motor runs when i hit the buttons, but the plow will not move..... any help would be greatly appreciated.:dizzy:
  2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

Ummm... S1 only controls one thing .. Down..... so it seems you have that working ok...
    You can see if the other 2 cartidges and coils are working.. and go from there
  3. plowin207

plowin207 Member

i just had the same problem with mine i drained the fluid and took the resiviour off the pump to check the filter to see if it was clogged and that was fine on mine but could be your problem if not check the infeed tube that that isn't loose. if it isn't that the pump that the tube goes into unbolt it and pull it apart and check the gears that was my problem one of the gears had broke so it wouldn't pump hydrolic fluid hope this helps you out
  4. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

sounds like you have a valve or coil problem to me to... when the pump runs is it spinning freely (like its not getting any oil) or not... when mine got real cold it would stop working and get stuck... turned out to be a clogged filter on the pump which freezing when it got cold
  5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

check to see if you have power to the S2, and S3 valves
  6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Is the plow side control harness new as well? I assume you got the 4 port installed and up running previous to this issue?

Is your control light on?

Check these highlighted things as well.