1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow still leaks down

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Plowformoney, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Plowformoney

Plowformoney Junior Member

I have a E-60 pump with a 7.5 meyer plow on my f-150.

I just had all new seals put in it because it would leak down to the ground in about 10 sec.

After the rebuild it will slowly leak down about 2 inches in about 2 mins, then it pretty much stops leaking down. However Im sure if Im bouncing around on the road it will leak a little more.

My question is, why is it still leaking?? It has a brand new C solenoid. Maybe the A solenoid is bad??
  2. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Well there are a few things it could be
    When it leaks down 2" is it all ways at the same spot?
    Who did the rebuild? can you find out if the inner cyl is scores or pitted?
    or it could be the A valve could be the base there are few things it could be
    I would first find out what the cylinder looked like
  3. Plowformoney

A buddy of mine (meyer certified) did it. The cylinder looked fine.
  4. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Did he replace all the o-rings? There is a tiny o-ring at the bottom of the ram. I have had the same issue several times in the past and the most common things I've found were the little o-ring at the bottom of the ram (under the packing cup), and the packing cup itself. If both of these items were replaced, then its either the A valve or the base. Hope this help!
  5. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Wow seems to be a common problem..My 7.5 is going in on friday for the same exact problem...I parked it with the plow raised and it was touchin pavment in about 10 minutes..The plow is only 11 months old so everything is under warrenty.. I'll post back and let everyone know what was my problem.
  6. Plowformoney

think I found my problem, AIR!

THere is air in my angle cylinder lines. I opened my pressure valve with the plow all the way down (shaft pushed in) and got a satisfying face full of fluid squirted at me. Air was caught in the lines and various parts of the pump and needed to be bled out.

So I topped off the fluid and raised, angled, lowered.... then repeated untill there wasn't anymore air. This seems to be good so far. Do this until there is no more air and the fluid is filled enough to where it squirts the excesses out. Thanks for the help guys