1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow sticking when angled in cold

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Northman, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

When it is colder out I have noticed that the plow will get stuck when angled to the left sometimes.
    I just work through it till it decides to let me re-angle to the other side or straighten it out, seems like when it warms up.
    It's a E-47 pump.

What to look at for troubleshooting?
    Would flushing all the fluids from cylinders and pump help?
    Maybe a solenoid?

Thanks for any ideas.

I sure miss my Super HD deluxe Northman plow :cry:.

2. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

If you have not flushed them out it would be the first place to start, by cleaning out the whole system . Then remove and clean/check the solenoid valves for proper operation.

3. huss691981

huss691981 Member

if there is any fluid leaking in the system, anyware, it will allow whater in. this causes ice in the fluid which can cause the symptoms you are describing. But as Clint s said. Flushing the whole system, including the angle rams would be a good place to start. After that check your b valve. On a meyer e-47 left is the defalt direction and the valves are all inactive. the other thing you might want to consider is that your quick cupplers may be restricting the flow in, or out of the rams. here is a troubleshooting guide for meyer. www.centralparts.com/Common/Documents/PDFs/Meyer/1-562 R14 E-57 Manual.pdf. It starts on page 27. Mike