1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Stickers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Duplantisjj, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

I know this is petty...but this morning we had about 4" of overnight white stuff. I started going through my lot and was stacking some snow when I noticed something red and white rolling up the pile. :confused: Then I seen the words "The Boss" and suddenly realized it was my sticker off the plow... :eek:

My precious Boss sticker gone after two storms.....How will the world know what kind of plow I own now????..... :cry: Is there no hope? Was the plow factory sticker-oner sleeping on the job when my blade came through the line???.... Maybe it's covered under warranty.....Nope, probably one of those "wear" items.....

Oh well.....Time to push more snow.... :nod:
  2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Check it may be covered under warranty. let us know what they say.

I peeled mine off and Hung it on the shop wall. looks better there then in the snow bank.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  3. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Same thing happened to me last year but it was on my Meyers's plow. I said to myself how did I peel up the parking lines? LOL Kind of freaked me out. I got out of the truck to see what I hit.
  4. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Doesn't say much for the sticker manufacturer does it!! Boss is still a decent plow.I still use a Fisher but have looked into a Boss on the next truck.
  5. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I sent Western a email explaining that my 20 year old crossbred plow didn't have any stickers on it. They replied asking for my address and then sent me a full set for free. I now have nice new western stickers on my Western/Meyer crossbreed. I would have painted some of it yellow and checked into getting some Meyers stickers but red matched the truck better. I am sure Boss would send you all the new stickers you want. It is free advertisement for them.
  6. Duplantisjj

Thanks Crumm, That's a good idea. I'll send Boss an email tonight. :waving:

It is advertising. Especially since I park my rig with the plow facing Old Seward Highway near Dimond intersection...One of the busiest intersections in Anchorage.

7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I contacted BOBCAT a few years back and they said they would be glad to send me new stickers for the tune of a little over $500. insted my name is plasered all over it now.
  8. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

All you Alaska plowers postin on here.. Doncha have plowing to do??

Hey, I've got a vinyl cutting machine where I can do lettering and designs if you guys need it.. I keep thinkin about putting somethin on my truck and never get a round tuit.. I guess I should..
  9. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

No I have more important things to do :rolleyes: .
  10. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My sticker is pretty well worn off to but I STILL know what kind of plow I have. :rolleyes:
  11. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

Try Ebay they have a few plow stickers :nod:
  12. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Get one of the stickers and go to a vinyl lettering place and have them make you a good one!
  13. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Maybe it's just me but if they are not sponsoring me ($$$), the stickers come off. I guess the idea of me giving them my money and them expecting me to advertise for free kinda bugs me. It stems from my day job, working for a marketing company! LOL I have not had the time to remove them off of my plow but they will come off.
  14. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Aren't they sponsoring you by selling you a plow to make money with?
  15. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

No, I am investing money to make money. If they where sponsoring me they would of gave me the plow and payed me to wear there colors (wishful thinking). They made there money on the sale.

When I was involved in racing, sponsors gave me parts and payed me when we won wearing their colors.

The racing industry made it cool to have stickers on things a long time ago. Now marketing people put logos on everything. It's called branding and is vital to having a presence in the market place.

I guess I live to the beat of a different drum. That's why I am so cool! :dizzy:
  16. Duplantisjj

Under Crumm's advise, I sent Boss an email. They responded the next day and said they were shipping me a decal package immediately. :yow!:

They did say that they have been having problems keeping the decals on the Poly Plows. Something about the surface being a bit slick. Haven't seen any other poly's running around to notice if they had stickers or not.

17. bterry

bterry Senior Member

I have to agree with Rhinohd on this one, although I understand why some people want the stickers on. I remember my father telling the new car dealer to pull off their name from the brand new car he just bought -- unless they paid him for the advertisement -- they pulled it -- that was a long time ago.

Do have to admit though, my plow money gets directly funneled into the race car I own and nobody gets a sticker until they pay for it. Also, I'm now repainting the Fisher v-box I have, the only sticker on it will be for my company.
  18. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

If nothing else, I'd leave on, or replace if damaged, any installation instruction stickers. I can see a possible law suit arising from a shop mechanic or employee who may have to hitch or unhitch it, and winds up getting hurt. If the injured person notices a safety sticker gone, he now has someone to blame (in his and some lawyers eyes, anyway).
  19. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

yea im new, so i hope this hasn't been talked about already.. but what about PlowSite.com stickers?? :redbounce
  20. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Good point streetsurfin' I stand corrected on my post above...