1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow staying down issue

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BigDBoots, Oct 29, 2011.

1. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

So with this random Nor-easter garbage that came in here today, I quick got my plow on the jeep and there is a minor issue. My 6.6 TM w/ a E47 pump is not staying all the way down and lifting my front end up like it had last year... this is the first issue I have had with it in the 2 years I have owned it..... any advice on what I need to do or what the issue could be?
    Thanks fellas

2. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

You mean you lower it and it drifts back up? or when you plow it raises up?

3. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

When I drop it down to the ground, it does not appear to be flat on the ground nor does it seem to scrape as well.... Could i have the chain a link too high in the bracket?

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a couple links. There should be at least an inch of chrome piston showing when the blade is on the ground.

5. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Thanks 2COR, when I finally cleaned the driveway out from the half tree that was in it this afternoon I jacked the plow up and fixed the link and volia!!! all better.

6. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

sweet! It might be a good idea to have a little slack in the chain, this way the plow has room to drop and follow any contours. IDK tho, I dont have a chain on mine.