1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow stakes out already?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We were mowing last week, it was hot and sunny and we must have counted 8-10 driveways with plow stakes up already. I thought I was missing something. One driveway must have had at least 10-15 8ft high stakes. It looked like they used those bicycle safety poles with the flags on them and just took the flags off,lol.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Another week around here and they'll; be sprouting like mushrooms!
  3. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

I'll be staking in a week or so.
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Why so early?
  5. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

It states it in some of my contracts for stakes by a certain date and I like to get it done early. Less to worry about as the snow gets closer. I only plow commercial accounts and most of them don't mind around November 1.
  6. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

No staking around here until after Halloween. The ghost and goblins like to move them to places I can not find.
  7. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

:laughing: :laughing:
  8. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I've already staked. Actually, I was doing it last weekend while it was snowing. :)
  9. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

If I staked this early they would be gone by first snow.Those landscaping
    people still cutting and waiting for leaves to fall.Probably find them for sale
    on here:eek: Bad enough when they beat me to them in the spring.