1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow springs

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by haysaver, Jan 4, 2013.

1. haysaver

haysaver Junior Member

Have a 7.5 poly w/wings. Have three springs per the install directions. Plow keeps tripping forward. I have the eye bolts all the way tightened down. Guess I need to add fourth spring right?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You could do that. How old is the blade? Maybe replace all of the springs when adding a 4th. I am not sure about adding the 4th but you may need to weld the new bracket onto the blade. Maybe they are standard on them now? Atleast then you would have all brand new springs then too.

3. haysaver

haysaver Junior Member

New last season. It came with 4 springs and has a place to put it on. Was going to install it but the dealer said it wasn't needed. Guess i'll put it on now.

4. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Does it always tilt forward or is this when you're pushing heavy slush or something? What are you plowing on when this happens? Dirt?

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Almost sounds like its pitched to deep.

6. haysaver

haysaver Junior Member

Has been tilting when pushing heavy wet snow. I added the fourth spring and seems to do the trick.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Whats your mount height at? That could have something to do with the plow tripping real easy. Just measure from the ground to the center of the hole on the mounting hook and it should be 15 1/2" per boss' spec. Withing a inch is tolerable either way. But to high or low will cause it to do funny things.