1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow solenoids

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mcwlandscaping, Oct 16, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

under some plastic cover on my MM1 are three solenoids that i beleive control the movement of the plow. However, quite often it gets to where i can move the plow up and down fine, when i try to go right it doesn't do anything and when i try and move the plow left it goes up :confused: :confused: :confused: which of those three solenoids would cause this to happen....1, 2, or 3?? or something else maybe. There are no loose connections, i just can't figure this out and need it fixed asap.......we all saw what happened to buffalo!!!!!!!!1

thanks guys

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Mike

I THINK those are valves. They control the flow of the fluid. When the plow does what you are describing one of them is not fully closed. This might be caused by a bad ground or a small piece of dirt in the fluid is not allowing the valve to close properly.
    Undo the multi pin connector at the front of the truck and make sure it is clean and has dielectric grease in it and try it again.
    I am not sure but it is not major and I sure someone will help out.:)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If it's a intermittent problem look to your molded grill plugs. They are noted for corroding and internal rot.

4. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

On my 1997 Fisher, The wire connection where it goes into the plug was exposed and it would do what you are describing. Look for a bad connection.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

ok will do....if it looks like there is dirt or something in them since i know they aren't rotting out, is it OK to jet out the connections with water, then put in more grease? or is that not such a good idea?