1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow slowly falls down. What do I need to fix?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by xavetarx, Aug 15, 2009.

1. xavetarx

xavetarx Junior Member
    from PA

Pretty simple? The plow will fall to the ground after aprox 15 seconds. Goes up fine, but won't stay up unless I hold the up button. Anywhere I should start?
    Thanks,
    -bob-

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Absolutely, start here in the Meyer forum with a search as this is a very very common
    issue with a Meyer. Use keywords such as "A valve". "packing cup" or "base O-ring".

Also, going through the troubleshooting/repair manual will help you with your diagnosis too. They can
    be found at the bottom of the page here: Meyer Repair Manuals

3. xavetarx

xavetarx Junior Member
    from PA

You know, I looked for a search button before signing up and couldn't find one. I thought it was odd that this site did not have one. Now that I've signed up, I notice that the search feature is available to me. I'm sorry for posting this question. Thank you for the help with search terms however.
    -bob-

4. crete5245

crete5245 Member

What type of pump do you have.

If you have a e 47 then it is the valve in the back of the pump, if it is a e 60 then the vavle is on the top.

You need to make sure the o-rings are good and that the vavle is not stuck..

5. xavetarx

xavetarx Junior Member
    from PA

It's an e60. I'll check the valve. Thanks!

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's all already in the manual I posted so be sure to check though it thoroughly. If you need more specific info than it provides just holler.