1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow slow up and down

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by towman21, Jan 6, 2014.

1. towman21

towman21 Junior Member
    from boston

Ha guys I have a older like 05-06 mm2 it slow up and down been like that since I bought the truck is there an adjustment to speed it up like to to drop faster now I have to wait as it lowers itself before I drive forward any help would be good thanks!!!!!

2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

There should be a quill adjustment facing up next to the reservoir. Will be a flat head screw. Now this will not help raising. Most likely you have a clogged filter but other causes are worn pump, improperly adjusted relief valve or weak motor.

4. jshocik

jshocik Member

Towman, go to Fisher's website, parts & service link, then service publications library, then owners manuals, then snowplows, then MM2 system (with Indexed Jack Stand) LD, RD/HD, XBLADE & MC Series manual,(5th manual down the list). Pg. 16 will show & tell you what you want to know on how to adjust lift piston drop speed. Hope this helps.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

When was the last time you changed the fluid and the clogged filter that kimber mentioned? It is always a good idea to change the fluid every year before the season starts.I usually do mine in the fall.Its like changing the oil in the snowblower before the season.Any bit of water that is in that fluid could freeze and cause a problem.Your best bet is to drain the fluid,remove the reservoir change the filter kimber mentioned,and also clean any metal shavings at the bottom of the reservoir (there is a magnet on the bottom) and reinstall.Fill with fluid and I would also disconnect the hoses from the piston and drain out and old fluid that could be in them and run the plow until fresh fluid comes out of the hose then put hoses back on.Then I would do your adjustment