1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Skid shoes or Not?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bigjoedo, Oct 31, 2007.

1. bigjoedo

bigjoedo Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hello,

I have a long concrete driveway. There are a couple of areas that are 1/8" to 1/4" higher than the other areas. Using a snow plow, will it tear up these slightly raised areas ? The driveway is in really good shape. Do I need Skid Shoes? Thanks

Joe

PS. I moved this from the noncommercial forum since no one could answer my question there.

2. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

I would think with or without shoes,your still going to have to worry about breaking the high points of the concrete,not to mention some abrupt stops that may not be to pleasing either.If you can plow it down over the high spots instead of up into the high spots of concrete,that may be an option,or bump the blade up a hair,that will help to,as long as you ALWAYS remember to do it.Mabey someone else will chime in.Good luck to you!!

3. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I always found that angling the blade slightly helps keep it from catching

4. bigjoedo

bigjoedo Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for the help.

Joe