1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Size?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rangerpro1253, Dec 8, 2009.

1. rangerpro1253

rangerpro1253 Junior Member

I am purchasing a new plow this week and just wanted to make i am buying the correct size for the truck, it is a 2006 chevy 3500 DRW 4x4 with 6.0L Dump and i am looking to get a 9 footer. Is there any way i can get away with buyer a 8.6' plow and still clear rear tires when angled?? I am looking an Hiniker currently, local dealer has crazy discounted price almost too good to pass up, but still considering western. please let me know, thanks.
  2. rangerpro1253

rangerpro1253 Junior Member

Will mainly be plowing residentials and have 2 commerical accounts locked in for season.
  3. Snowbully

Snowbully Junior Member

I have a 92 gm 2wd drw dump and just got a used 9' western. I was gonna go shorter but after measuring the "stomp" width of the duallies, I figured it best to go with a 9'. Checking the specs on Western' s site, full angled plow width is 7'9" on a newer 9"pro plus. You might get away with wings on an 8' or 8'6" though. GL
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Go nine foot. if you go 8'6" go with the wings, 8'6" doesn't make in in the turns.