1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow size ?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 81_Stingray, Jan 3, 2009.

1. 81_Stingray

81_Stingray Junior Member

I have a question for someone out there. I have a 2000 ford f350 pick up i thinking of putting a meyers plow on. is a 7.5 blade too small to use on that thing? the only thing i plan to use it for is about a 200 foot personal drive way. my other choice is a 8.5 footer, anyone have any comments for me ...
    thanks, mike

2. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Welcome to Plow Site.

I would go with the 8.5. Most of the time you can't use all the blade anyway, so you have an extra foot to use for over lapping.
  3. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

8.5 has my vote! Leave the 7.5 footer for the half ton crowd. Unless you're trying to save money, and don't think you'll ever plow more than your own in the future. I don't know what the price difference is between them, but I'd go 8.5' :salute:
  4. 81_Stingray

thanks for the advice. i was a little reluctant about the 8.5 size, but you're right! same price to push more snow.

5. huss691981

huss691981 Member

my truck came with a 7.5. HATE THE D**N THING. Go with the 8.5. The 7.5 are too small when you have to angle. My tires run through what i just plowed.
  6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

A 7.5 on that wide of a truck is ridiculous. Go with the 8.5. Is it a poly or steel?? There is quite a considerable weight difference between the 2. That 350 will be able to handle it either way though. Good luck:waving:
  7. 81_Stingray

thanks all - lost the 8.5 footer.

anyone know where to find a decent package deal on an 8 foot minimum blade and rest of 99 - 05 f350 mounting assy. ???

at this point hearing the don't go's on the 7.5, i'm looking for a package again ...