1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow size ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnM, Feb 20, 2008.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

if you were going to put a blizzard plow on a f-450 diesel utiliy would you go with a 8611 cause it can handle it or go with a 810 or 8611LP and work them to their limits. Thinking that this will be my new truck and want to know everyones opinion. Thanks

2. MnM

MnM Senior Member

75 VIEWS AND NOT ONE RESPONSE. i THOUGHT THIS IS A PLACE WHERE YOU ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT SNOW AND PEOPLE RESPOND. STUPID ME FOR THINKING THAT

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

maybe if it was in the blizzard or truck section it would get more of a response...
    I guess those 75 out of the hundreds did not have the answer for you so they unlike me did not post?

I'm surprised MarkO. has not stopped by ....

good luck

4. newhol plower

newhol plower Member

we have 810s on f350 desiel not dually trucks and 1.5 yard salters and they handle them well. we have one 8611 taller and wider than 810 on an international 2006 don't know exact size with 6 yard salter pushes through any thing when loaded get stuck unloaded. tried it on new f 550 4x4 with salter 3 yard full didn't sag to bad but only plowed 2 inches with it. we have had bad luck electricly with the blizzards. they are way faster than v's. if they have proplems pushing wet heavy snow they just lighten load with wings in first. i know the 8611 is big and if the guy switches to just salting he drops it. situation is different but hope it helps. ford dealer told us to get rid of f 550 as soon as it is out of warranty because you have to remove cab to do any work on or around motor. new ones are going to be easier though. that truck is deisel maybe gas is different

5. MnM

MnM Senior Member

Thanks For Your Input Man

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

When the title just say "plow size". I am sure there will be alot of lookers. And not all of us are Blizzard expersts. Good luck and hopefully some people will respond

7. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Id go with the 8611lp. I dont have experience with blizzards or Fords but that is what I would choose because It is 417 pounds lighter than a full size 8611 which should be a little bit easier on your front end. Thats my opinion.

8. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

I am not an expert but from what I have read the full size 8611 is to big for a F-450. 8611LP

9. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I have a 2008 F450 V-10 with a Blizzard 8611 on it. The front springs on my truck were too soft for this plow so I put a set of Air lift springs in the coils and that fixed the front end sag. The 450/550 trucks have a very strong front axle that will hold up easily to these plows. Im glad I bought the big plow and not the LP.