1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Size

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nobull1, Mar 3, 2002.

1. nobull1

nobull1 Junior Member

Hey people new to this site an business have a question to ask if i may.I have a 2002 k3500 dually on order and have the chance to buy a demo 8 2 boss v.The only problem i see is the truck is 96 wide at the rear wheels and at anything other than almost straight it won't clear all the snow from the rear tires.Is this a problem and should i buy a new 9 2 instead of the demo.The problem is the 9 2 is a lot more than the demo.
  2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Even though it's more $$$, IMO if you don't go with the 9'2" you'll be kicking yourself later.

As you mentioned, anything other than straight position with the 8'2" and you'll have at least one of your outside wheels running in the unplowed snow, which in addition to being a nuisance will also reduce your efficiency.
  3. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

I would buy the bigger , & maybe the 10' depending on what type of plowing your doing. The 10' Boss-V is for 14,000GVW trucks & up, 2 guys down here have the 10'-V's on 1-ton dully dumps & love them. The 8'2" is fine if your plowing straight but as you turn the rears are running over unplowed-piled snow :( . You are the only one who knows how much you have to spend & what type fof plowing your planning on doing with this truck. Good luck
  4. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I would go with the 9,2" V plow. That truck will handle it no problem and you will be way more efficient when plowing. Even though the 9,2" V cost more, it would be money well spent in my opinion. Also the more efficient you are when plowing means you can handle more accounts. This allows you to pay off the plow in the same amount of time as it would take you to pay off the 8,2" V, or even sooner. Good luck.
  5. nobull1

nobull1 Junior Member

well guys you told me what I didn't want to hear but have to agree.I will buy a 9 2 and pay the extra. I get tired of kicking myself after trying to save a dollar seems to hurt more as I get older if you know what I mean. Thanks for the response this is a great site with a wealth of info keep up the good work.
  6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Nobull,you definetely are making the right choice,I have the 9'2",(see my pics),on my Single wheel dodge,and my friend has an 8'2" on his 2001 Chevy,the extra foot makes a huge difference in the abilty to clean close to things without hitting your tires on them.With those big hips the dually has,you need as wide a plow as you can possibly get.
  7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

You'll find as you build your account list that anything you can buy to save you time is worth almost whatever they ask for it. To borrow a line from Tony Stewart, "Wider is better!" Time will end up being the limiting factor in the amount of work you can do.
  8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

well if you have the chance to get the 8.2 at a good price I would grab it but I would prefere at least a 9' on my dually just becuase the of the wheel will always be in the snow. but you can grab that one for now use it them upgarde to a new 9' one later.