1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow size?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by C&K, Nov 4, 2007.

1. C&K

C&K Junior Member
    from East Tn

What size plow would you reccomend if you were putting it on a f250 diesel and you were needing it for three or four parking lots with the largest one being 2500-3000 sq ft?
  2. C&K

C&K Junior Member
    from East Tn

Any info is appreciated
  3. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

You can't go wrong with a 8' staight blade. Go with a brand that had a good dealer in your area. I like Boss, Blizzard, and Western in that order for me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2007
  4. C&K

C&K Junior Member
    from East Tn

We don't get much snow around here, so the demand for dealers isn't very high. We have 1 meyer dealer close but every other dealer is an hour or two away.

Thanks for tolerating my posts....I did get to PM a guy about a used plow setup.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2007
  5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree. I would go with Fisher or Western.
  6. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

id go with an 8foot western, maybe a 8'6'' everyone i know who has a 7'6'' plow wishes they went bigger...if u dont have to go with the meyers-dont
  7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

A 9ft Boss V or any V plow with some optional wings would be nice or a buzzard Ah uI mean a blizzard expandable.

Minimum would be a 8.2 with wings (it is 10.5)

Anything but a straight blade for big lots, it is nice to able to contain the snow in the plow so you can move it from one area to another with out spilling.
  8. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

You could go with a 7.6 plow with wings or and eight foot plow with wings. I put wings on my Fisher last year and I have a span or 10' with the wings on and 8' without. I would say 8'.
  9. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

I had my Ultramount on my 02' F250 and put on my new GMC. Highly recommend Western. What ever you put on, do not go below 8' because on Ford anything smaller will not cover the wheel base on a full angle. Good Luck !
  10. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

8.5 Nothing smaller
  11. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

got an 8' boss super trip edge on my 250 psd
  12. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing smaller than 8', but 8'6" would be ideal.Go BOSS!!!:D
  13. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

As mentioned many times no less than 8'. I have the 810 Blizzard and love it. Just my 2 cents, pick a company that has good service and is close to your jobs for service in a pinch not from what people tell you to do. Oh did I mention I friggen love my 810 Blizzard? :salute: