1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow size question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I am thinking about getting a 1 ton dump. How many of you guys use an 8'6" v on it? Is this plow big enough? Or do I need a 9'6"? Thanks for the help.

Brant

2. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

I would put the bigger one on it without a doubt. I've got one 8'6 on a dump and I always wish it was bigger. The rest of my 1 tons, including SRW are 9'2.

3. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

Also consider what the truck can handle.

4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

8'6" is big enough. With that said a 9 footer would also suit you well. Depends on some of your lot sizes. Good luck!

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

9.5 for sure.....8.5 will barely cover your tracks when angled. If turning hard while angled, you'll most likely run over missed snow with the back tires. Truck will handle a 9.5 easy.

6. Brant'sLawnCare

Thanks for all the help guys! I wish you woulda said 8.5 lol. I found a nice one, and now I have to look for a bigger one.

7. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Brant, go with the 8.5
    Hate to over work a truck. My love is 8.5 with wings. (straight blades)
    What truck are you looking at?

8. Brant'sLawnCare

Sent you a pm with the info. I am actually looking at a 550 now. But I will settle with a 1 ton if it doesn't work out.