1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow size modification

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fingers1126, Jan 13, 2010.

1. fingers1126

fingers1126 Junior Member

any one ever cut dow a 9ft blade to a 8 or 7 1/2 ft blade curious cause i got a free minute mount setup for my truck but is a 9 ft blade kinda big for drivways... curios if could be cut down a bit????????????:help::dizzy:

2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

see if you can trade it.. much less work

3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Leave it alone... 9 ft. is perfect. 8 footers are little plows, and 7-1/2's are good for doing sidewalks or something.

4. fingers1126

im new to plowing on my own and it just seems so friggin big ....... think this may be too large for a 1997 chevy 3/4 ton hd??? may be a trader out there??

5. fingers1126

ok what about just a blade setup will a non minute mount fit my mount frame ?

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Want to trade that 9' for an 8? Just the blade, nothing else. We would have to meet in the Portsmouth area.

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Is it an L or M series blade? Post a pic of it.....if your set on getting a smaller one and don't want to drive to Maine i'll trade you a smaller blade for the 9footer....Ryan did offer first so he should have first dibs

8. fingers1126

blade

well calm down now guys... first of all i just got it yesterday so wont be mounted on truck till mon have to pick from buddys house....

2nd this is a minute mount 1 style plow not sure if different from the #2

3rdyes im looking for a 7 1/2 or a 8ft blade only yes providing our swap works for both of us fittment wise...

4th the blade itself is in good shape but does have some rot holes on very top of blade near very top edge.wont affect plow but not sure if you all willstill want.....but willing to toss a couple hundred in for a better more my size blade......

5thyes i am willing to travel up to new hampshire or surrounding area w/in reason to meet up w/you...... i will get pics up on site this weekend........plow is a everyday user for the state he plows for till last weekend when he picked up his new f350 deluxe w/new plow.......

so please keep this in mind and let me know i need a 7 1/2 or 8 ft plow you need a 9ft lets talk...........................................:waving:

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

I'm all set if it's rotted through. I'll wait to see the pictures to be sure. I actually can meet you down your way. I have to get out to Provincetown, so we can meet in the Braintree area if it all works out. I'll look for those pics this weekend.

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Watch your back:eek::laughing:

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

oh god hahahahaha....do I even want to ask why your heading there? Leave your roller blades at home.

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yeah I know....The last time I went out there I was at a pizza joint getting some lunch with the kids, a couple of older ladies sat next to us, we even chatted for a bit about fishing off the docks, anyway, by the time I left, I realized those weren't ladies! It's a beautiful town, and it's a great place to vacation. There are a few good bars to go to if you now what I mean, but as far as the rest of it goes, I avoid it as much as possible.

The kids grandmother lives out there. She's not going to be around too much longer so I need to bring them out there to see her.

13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

There you go making it all serious. I hope you have a good time down there. I basically spent every summer in dennisport growing up and we'd make the trip out there every now and then to see the scene!

14. Storsy23

Storsy23 Member

its really nice there i go to Martha Vineyard every summer nothing beats it my brother worked there last summer he washed windows haha he washed bob villas house haha

15. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

just letting you know that i did reply to the profile message you sent me this morning....i left you one in return!

16. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

Im interested in a swap also. I have a mint 8ft MM1 blade. While your traveling north if you like ill meet you to take a look. I live in North providence RI, just glass beaded the blade, primed and sprayed it with fisher yellow acrylic urethane.