1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow size for f350

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by siderman, May 4, 2012.

1. siderman

siderman Junior Member
    from NY

new to site and was wondering if a 7 6 plow is okay to use on my f350 dually
  2. rpainetfd

rpainetfd Member

You will not be able to cover the width of the truck with that plow, especially when you angle it or plow around corners. Your rear wheels will be in the windrow and will be pushing the snow everywhere. I have an 02 F350 Dually and I used an 8' for one storm and went up to a 9' to get better coverage.
  3. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

You need at least a 9 ft plow to cover your truck width. I have an 8ft on my excursion and wish it was 8.5 at least.
  4. siderman

siderman Junior Member
    from NY

Thats what i thought. Thanks
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

8'6" in minimun 9 foot is better if you don't travel the roads and work in one lot 10 foot is even better.
  6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

9 FT Atleast
  7. siderman

siderman Junior Member
    from NY

Ok would I be able to put a set of pro wings on it to add the extra blade with
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Big difference between a plow blade and a set of pro wings. they don't scrape like a steel steel wear edge and they don't hold up against heavy snow pack
  9. siderman

siderman Junior Member
    from NY

I hear you might as well do it right from the start. Thanks
  10. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

If you go with an extendable plow like an XLS, WideOut or Power Plow, you can get an 8 Foot plow, a 10 foot plow, and a 9 foot plow all in one.
  11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Go this route. The best choice you will ever make. It is a GAME CHANGER!
  12. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

I am selling a great shape western 9.5 MVP off a 2002 F250 The plow is in great shape and works awsome. I live in Webster NY. It is listed for sale on this site under for sale items. Let me know if you are interrested ssteinfeldt@yahoo.com
  13. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

I have an 8' but I could easily run a 8.5 or 9 on my 350.
  14. PPNH

PPNH Junior Member

a buddy of mine runs a 8ft on his 04 f350 dually and it covers his wheel base fine.. although with a truck of that caliber you SHOULD use 9ft to cover the corners and such. Goodluck
  15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

A 8' Western straight blade only covers 83" wide at full angle. I don't think your buddy is covering his wheelbase. I know a cab and chassis GM is narrower then the dually pickup but not sure even that would cover.

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

go with a 9-2 v-blade or 8-10 wideout,any smaller you will be disapointed!! tymusic:drinkup::drinkup:
  17. Shade Tree NJ

Shade Tree NJ Senior Member

I know an older thread but figured would bump it up to the top.

Picked up an 03 f350, single rear wheel, with the 5.4 for a steal. Wondering if my truck could handle my 9' pro plus plowing in heavier wet snow?
  18. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

my buddy has a 99 f350 5.4l its a 7.6 western but he pushes big piles of wet snow with no problem.
  19. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You'll be fine got 4x4 low
  20. Shade Tree NJ

Shade Tree NJ Senior Member

Not worried of truck capability, worried about size of my current plow being 9ft steel both weight which shouldn't be bad but mostly about if truck could move decent amount of wet snow with that big of a plow.