1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow side plug.... broke a pin :(

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Hooked up one of our straight plows to move it today.. noticed ONE pin was all corroded green.. when i touched it to see if it was just surface corrosion, nope, sucker snapped right out at the base.

Do i need to now replace that whole plow side connector now? If so, i saw online replacement plow sides, but it appears its only a foot or two long with splice double butt connectors and you need to cut all your existing wires from the old harness?

Why not just sell it so you can detach each connector from the solenoids etc. and connect a new one? For 50$ and then to half ass it that way, i'll attempt to fix the original connector
  2. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

i have seen some guys that will take a small machine screw cut the head off and stick that baby in there. will work in a pinch but not something that would last though the long hall. Did you get your controller working?
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They do, it's called a plow side harness.
  4. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Yeah, MSC04317 for the older style smart lights and MSC08881 for the new smart light 2's. I would go that route for $25-$30 more to not have to worry about water getting in to the splices.
  5. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I ran into the same problem this fall and replaced just the plow side connector, don't be fooled every butt connector on the wires supplied by boss are the nice heat shrink water proof connectors, and over everything else is a large piece of heat shrink.
  6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

You mean the early 2000 era box style or the rectangle lights of the 03-07 lights and the 08+ are the newer style?
  7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I once used a foil gum wrapper, got me through an entire push.......Macguyvered.