1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Side Harness

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by josmo420, Feb 18, 2009.

1. josmo420

josmo420 Junior Member
    from NH

My plow seems to have a problem with the plow side Harness. It will go up but not down. If I put it in Float and go and move the plow side plug it will go down. Is there anyway to clean the connectors for a better connection? HELP!
  2. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Might be a broken wire.
  3. josmo420

josmo420 Junior Member
    from NH

It was actually my harness connection. the pins are not seating completely. I have tried spreading them out with minimal luck. Can I buy a new plug?
  4. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

how old is your setup?
  5. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

at some point cutis came out with a newer style plug.
    i have the older style one on my 02.. i talked to the curtis dealer in portland,Me
    said it's a direct swap.

the older styled plugs had some connection issues.
    try some lithium grease, can be found at the auto parts store. get the big tube! the little ones are just a waste. i fill mine with grease every storm and it seems to help the connection issues.

once in a while it still goes bad. i just jump out push it in a bit and i'm up and going again,no problem
  6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

If you have the old style single plug with the tapered angle, I have a good used plow side harness, $45 + shipping call 508 753 6617