1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Shovel

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Jan 9, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Has anyone ever used this? If so, how does it work? Mainly for clearing pathways and sidewalks.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

i got 2 of them work great in new snow up to 4 inchs but if the sidewalk has any ice they just push over it so you still got to have the old stand bye but i love them on the right snow got mine on qvc so good luck.......

3. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I imagine you must need to push the snow far back as you can't lift snow with it, and can only push with it, and if you leave the snow at the edge of the walkway, where will you push it next storm?

4. PremierLand

from detroit

im sure you can push it to the side when you get to the end of the walk.

5. bolensdriver

If I was rich, I'd give you a new truck with a new plow.

6. PremierLand

from detroit

hehe. why thank you! Im working on it. If I can sell this ford by the middle of feb. I might end up with a new chevy. I was going to get a new ford SD but, the chevy is cheaper (realiative is the manager of 3 chevy dealers), so Im going to take advantage of it, but I have to sell the ford first...

hehe. anyway thanks, and lets get back to the topic.

P.S. On Thursday my buddies dad let me barrow his 04 f250 with a 8ft meyers max on it, and let me tell you, im in LOVE with plowing. It took about 2 hours to get used to it, but I got the hang of it real fast, and I love it. I cant wait to get my own plow truck.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  7. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

this shovel works great on side walks that are running along the parking lot. it ia angled to push the snow over the edge and placing the snow on the lot then you can just make your first pass right next to the side walk edge and work away from the walk it is a pusher so you just have to use it during the right conditions ..... :salute:

8. Bradlamby

Bradlamby Junior Member

I have one. I love it they work sooo nice. every guy should have one in the truck.

9. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

where can i get one of those? :bluebounc :redbounce

10. MN_BR

MN_BR Member

I ordered off of QVC yesterday...Looks good for sidewalks and i have a couple ramps that i usually shovel off instead of backdragging.

go to www.qvc.com and use Item Number V20372

11. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

12. Bradlamby

Bradlamby Junior Member

I got mine at Menard's :waving: it was like $20

13. Bradlamby

Bradlamby Junior Member

14. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I saw a cross between a shovel and a snow blower the other day at Home Depot (but I can't find it on their website). It was a plastic pusher type shovel with an auger across it that spins when you push it "casting" the snow to the side. It was about $40 I think- I wonder how (IF) they work.

15. bolensdriver

I'd like to see it! purplebou

16. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Was it this?
    http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...BV_EngineID=cccladddihgkdigcgelceffdfgidgjk.0

17. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

18. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

19. Twins_Lawn_Care

Twins_Lawn_Care Junior Member

As JUSTME said, I saw it at Home Depot last night as well.
    It was a push shovel, not powered, and had a cap on one end, and an auger which I guess would direct the snow the other way. I'd like to try one out, or hear how they work as well.
    My first guess would be gimmick, and regular shovel will always work faster in my opinion, but it may have a special niche, which may make it easier for elderly or something?

20. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Close but no cigar- Same concept but manually powered- as in when you push it the snow rotates the auger and the auger throws (theoretically throws) the snow. No engine, no cord- I want to try it but refuse to spend the $$.