1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Shopping For 2005 TJ Unlimited

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by 32vld, Oct 30, 2015.

1. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Not too many plows available. Prices so far:

I asked for the Western price, 7'4" Suburbanite $4,240 installed out the door plus tax. Though the salesman said the Meyer would back drag better and will stand up better to commercial use then the Suburbanite.

6'8" Meyer $3,995 installed plus tax.

6'8" Snowdogg $4,000 installed plus tax.

6'8" Snowway $5,300 installed plus tax.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Put a real 7'-6" blade on there. Your Jeep will handle it.

3. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Problem unless the manufacturers website says it's for your Jeep the dealers here will not put it on.

Though on Thursday I found a one man operation said he would put on the Meyer 7'6". Though he is 30 minutes away.

This evening going through the Meyer 2015 Application And Product Guide book shows mounts for the DP 6.8 and the DP 7.6 for the 1997 to 2006 TJ Wrangler.

I am going to have to go back and show them what is in the Meyer book and see if they will then put on the DP 7.6. It is 25 pounds more then the DP 6.8.

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

JMO 6-8 plow is too narrow. I find the 7 1/2 Just wide enough. If you angle the 6-8 the path it will clear is not as wide as the jeep.

5. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

If your vehicle is lifted in any way, make sure whomever installs mount, makes bottom of mount parallel to ground. Cheers

6. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

My Jeep is stock.

7. novawagonmaster

novawagonmaster Senior Member

I couldn't be happier with my 7'6" Fisher HT.

Granted, I am not really "commercial", but I did a dozen driveways last year (30 pushes each), and it performed flawlessly, and the Jeep handled it just fine (fitted with 4 air shocks, Blizzaks, and ballast).

8. jme4158

jme4158 Junior Member
    from ny

I had a 6'9" fisher sd on my '97, '03, and '06.. it worked great never had a problem, just go for it and get a real plow and not one of those homeowner shovels.. you won't regret it.. I used airbags in front coils to help with the weight and usually had a few bags of salt in the back for my route..