1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow shoes

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Night, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Night

Night Junior Member

I'm curious as to what most people set the height for their plow blade at when running mainly driveways and some open business lots. I may do a few stretches that have some concrete lips or something so I'm trying to see what most people would recommend for setting the heigh of the shoes at? Thanks for the guidance.
  2. earl964

earl964 Member

I have never used them. Most people want it cleared right down to the ground. They make great paper weights. I have three sets if someone is interested
  3. Night

Night Junior Member

right, I assumed that but I was nervous about hitting a lip in the concrete and eating it
  4. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

I use mine for door stops in the shop... I had some on for the first year & then started catching them on the curb I just pushed snow over. I bent a couple before I finally took them off, As far as catching a lip, that's what the trip is for. What WILL wake your happy a$$ up at 3 in the morning is catching the manhole cover you forgot about. Shoes or not... Happy plowingussmileyflag
  5. M.S.P.M.

M.S.P.M. Senior Member

I dont use them on either of my plows and I have no problems with hitting anything.
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

First....never used shoes.
    2nd....search is your friend as there are about 1000 other posts about shoes.
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I only use shoes when the ground is not frozen (plow mostly gravel driveways). Once the ground is froze they come off.
  8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

My mom always told me to take my shoes off....:D