1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow shoes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Quality Lawn, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Quality Lawn

Quality Lawn Junior Member

Do you use the plow shoes or do you take them off and just use the cutting edge?

2. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

Pavement I usually raise them up so just the blade touches. On unpaved surfaces I drop the feet down to get abot a 1.25 inch below the blade so I leave the stones behind.

3. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Same here DITTO

4. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

No shoes-ever!!

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

No shoes here either. If I'm plowing one of the gravel drives that I've got, ground not froze, I just pull it all backwards.

Takes longer, but I hate messing with shoes / spacers.

6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

No shoes. On gravel I just drop the plow then 2 taps up until the ground freezes, then it's all the way down!

7. HouseHitter

HouseHitter Junior Member
    from zone 4

in the short time I have been plowing, No shoes. I have a couple of gravel drives and a couple of dirt drives. Frozen solid now so it's just like pavement.

8. go plow

go plow Senior Member

my shoes do nothing on my plow, my cutting edge is wide so the shoes dont touch the ground, there are on the plow for looks only lol. so if you need a cutting edge on your fisher,and need to use your shoes, dont put a boss edge on your fisher lol

9. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

I think I'm gonna pull my shoes off tonight, and see how it goes tomorow.

10. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

+1...........

11. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I have never used shoes. I have had a Western on a 1/2 ton Chevy and a Sno Way on a Ranger. Both worked equally well without them.