1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Shoes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by atvplow, Dec 11, 2004.

1. atvplow

atvplow Junior Member
    from NJ

I have an atv plow and was wondering if I should us the shoes. When I use the shoes it leaves about a 1/2 inch of snow but when I do not use shoes it makes a bad grinding noise. Does anybody have any suggestions on what should be used? Thanks

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

By grinding do you mean when the plow is pushing on the cement?

3. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

Plow Shoes?

Atv--I*D use the Shoes as 1/2 of SNOW! is NO Problem! 7 If You want IT Down to the Ground?--DO that 1/2 inch w/a Shovel!--as It would only Take YOU a few Minutes!--Ole JIM--

4. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Throw the shoes away and put a AR cutting edge on the plow. To me it doesn't make sense to leave 1/2" behind you when you can get it all. After the cutting edge breaks in it will quiet down a little. You'll have some vibration, but just check the mounting bolts on the underside of the machine occasionally.