1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Shoes

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DieselSlug, Oct 8, 2012.

1. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Has anyone bought new shoes for their MM1? If so where do you buy them? I know i can get them from Fisher but at a steep cost. Is there anything aftermarket with the right stud diameter to fit like stock? I see tractor supply sells some but the stud diameter seems smaller and the footprint is more of a sled than a conical round bottom. I have always plowed without shoes, but i had a driveway owner request them for this season. I dont mind, i hope they make his driveway less tooth chattering. He has many pot holes and the center is raised grass.

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, a lot of people don't run shoes unless they plow on gravel. the Fisher part number should be 26523, and there are aftermarket ones available. they should be able to cross that number over.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

When he notices that you're plowing without them, tell him you started his driveway with shoes and don't know where you lost them....then charge him for the new ones from the dealer. Problem solved.....

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Consider a gravel edge.

there are pictures on my facebook page. They don't have to be bolted on, you can mount them temporary as needed.

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a set for my MM2 I'd be willing to part with. I'm not sure if the stud diameter is the same though. Maybe one of the guys on here can shed some light on it. I have all the shims and they've never been used. Pm me if you're interested.

6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

yes they are the same diameter

7. DieselSlug

LOL, i try to treat this guy pretty good. He is a retired Vietnam vet. Been pretty lenient with him so far since he lives off checks from the government. I usually have to wait till one comes in to get paid.

8. DieselSlug

I checked out the pictures. How does the pipe stay attached? Id be worried it may slip off while driving down the road?

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

the one in the pictures bolts on. If you only do one gravel drive make a ratchet strap system to hold it in place. once the wearedge slides up into the slot you can wedge it in place pretty easy with a couple straps.

10. DieselSlug

Interesting will have to look into that. Going to see if there are any videos on youtube to see how it works.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ask for opinions on any of the forums from guys that are using them. I think you find it's an old, often used system.

12. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

I have a spare set that I would sell and ship to you, pm me if you are interested.

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The gravel edge is a real solution. The shoes will help some, but they are just going to fall in the potholes too

14. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

And the shoes are going to be a pain to adjust if you are only using them for one drive. Your edge will wear and the shoes wont. They really don't allow for a good clean scrape unless you run them all the time and they wear with the cutting edge.