1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Shoes on 8ft super duty

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Enzo, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I have 2 plow shoes on my boss super duty plow. I would like to know if I should leave them on or take them off? a buddy of mine uses a fisher plow and he took them directly off. Any suggestions on what the difference would be thanks

2. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

Depends if you want to see pavement after you plow or not.

3. payton

payton Senior Member

what are plow shoes? oo wait i think ive got a set of them in a bucket in the bed of my truck. bottom of my chain bucket actually lil extra weight.. brand new never used lil rusty from sitting but there still good to go, go where im not sure,,sure as hell not on my plow..

payton

4. slappysdump

slappysdump Junior Member

If you are plowing a paved surface lose the shoes--If you are plowing alot of gravel drives you may want to keep them on--they keep the plow from digging too deep IMO.

5. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

ok cool sounds good

6. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I have them on my plow but spaced up so they won't hit the ground. That way they don't get lost. I have never used them.

7. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I leave mine on and just let them wear down with the cutting edge. Helps the edges last a little longer.

8. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Slappysdump is right. Keep them on if you're plowing gravel driveways and take them off if you're doing pavement. Boss had a technical article on their web site at one time that explained this but I don't know if it's there anymore.

9. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I do do a 50' by 200' area that's all 21b gravel. I just lift the blade a bit instead of putting the shoes down.

10. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

mine is the same, they are on the blade but all the washers are on the top side so they don't do anything. If the need ever happend I could adjust em.