1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow shock. need measurement

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by meborder, Jan 13, 2013.

1. meborder

meborder Senior Member

Planning to add a rebound shock to my plow. just wondering if someone could be so kind as to post up a measurement of the shock length compressed.

I'm thinking western #60338 should be the one i need, but all i can find is an approx. extended length of 13"

just want to measure a couple things on my plow before i order one.

thanks in advance!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If no one chimes in I can do it tomr at work
  3. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Loosen/remove the springs on your plow, measure the distance between the fixed and moving spring mounts with the plow UP and FULLY TRIPPED, subtract. That is the MINIMUM range of motion required.
  4. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

You probably already found your answer, but at least it will be archived now.

The #60338 is 10 5/8" closed, 15 5/8" fully extended.
  5. meborder

meborder Senior Member

thanks jomama!

i actually had not found a good measurement yet, so this will help me a ton. i actually just got my plow fixed, so i've tabled the idea of adding a shock until next spring when it isn't cold and wet outside.