1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Shield

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Jameson, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Jameson

Jameson Junior Member

What does everyone think of the plow shields (plastic shield attached to face of blade). I have not used one in the past, but the idea of snow sliding off and not sticking has peaked my interest.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I don't use them but I do spray my blades with a clear coat of paint and the snow doesn't stick.
    Gravel won't do the plastic shield much good either.

3. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

I have sprayer my poly plow with wd40 before after all night snow still sticks. If wd40 doesn't work i don't think a plastic shield will.

4. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

they are a waste of money, the snow sticks to them, and sh*& gets behind them. the one i had only lasted two seasons and was falling apart. a good coat of paint will do much better.