1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow setup Swap help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Speedaddict02, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Speedaddict02

Speedaddict02 Junior Member

I have an '86 Chevy K10 pickup. Currently has an older Fisher Speedcast 7'6 plow on it. It works, but the hydraulic hoses need replacing. It needs a cutting edge. And it has the cable operated joystick, which I have been told is unreliable.

I have the oppurtunity to get a good deal on a Meyers Classic mount setup, I think e60.
    It is coming off of a 2000 Chevy Silverado though.

Is it just a matter of find the correct mounting bracket for that plow and my truck configuration to swap it over?

I'm new to this stuff so I dont even know where to start. Just that I need a good reliable setup b4 our first snowfall. lol

Appreciate any info/advice.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If I understand you correct you want to mount a Fisher plow to a Meyer truck mount? This is not gonna work without a lot of fabrication.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

He needs to clarify.....

Good luck finding a mount for a 30 year old truck.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Not understanding. YOU HAVE the speedcast set up already but someone told you it's unreliable? Huh?? We're missing something here Clark