1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow setup on a 2000 dodge ram 1500 SPORT

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by KT811, Aug 25, 2015.

1. KT811

KT811 Junior Member

I wanted to put a plow on my truck for this winter, i have a 2000 Ram 1500 Sport edition, i was told that dodge doesn't recommend plowing with the sport edition but i've read about people doing it, and it's gonna be in the scrap yard in a couple years anyway. i know nothing about going about setting it up, where to get the parts, i can get it mounted with some instructions, i know what i'm doing with tools. also, i'm just a teenager looking for money in the winter, it's not like i have $5000 to spend on a whole new setup, just something to get the job done in my driveway and others around my town.
  2. gonzos

gonzos Junior Member

At this time all i can do is offer you a little praise for wanting to make some cash at a young age and get ready for the "your trucks not big enough" and "your foolish for not having insurance" and "theres now way a half ton can plow snow" even though quads and lawn mowers do it just fine! Get the plow put on and be careful, go slow and you maybe suprised how much money you can really make off that truck...dont take on to much work and stay ahead of the storm! you will be fine.
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Gonzos sounds like a genius. I recommend you take his advice. Especially the part about not getting insurance.
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Look for a used SnowEx, about 7'6 or 8.
  5. Lacymanagement

Lacymanagement Junior Member

My first plow truck I had an 8 foot fisher on my 1999 dodge ram 1500 sport and it does fine. Just be easy on it and it will wear out the front end a lot faster than a heavier duty truck. I was 18 when I bought it and it has paid for itself many times over. The insurance is a big thing. When I started I didn't have it but quickly realized how much you need it. Their is a lot of money in snow. I'm about to turn 21 and I have 3 trucks a bobcat now.