1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow setup for 00 Cherokee

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by JeepTJ, Nov 6, 2006.

1. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Hi all, NEWB here. I need to replace my personal plow truck (93 GMC 1/2 T with Diamond plow, BIG driveway only) with something newer. I've been looking at a new 06 Wrangler Unlimited, but I think it is outside my price range ($22,000 + $3,400 Homsteader installed). I have come across an 00 Jeep Cherokee Sport in absolutely like-new condition for $7,900. I been search this site, as well as checking out the manufacturers at the top and I haven't been able to find a specific plow to fit this Jeep. I would like a Homesteader-type plow, maybe a small Blizzard or Snow-way: with down pressure to compensate for the light weight. A "light duty plow" could also work. I need to back drag a large area in my driveway and the down pressure would help here.

I find most "Jeep" plow references are Wranglers.

So, can anyone recommend a SPECIFIC plow/mount to fit the 00 Cherokee. I live in rural NH, so my choices for dealers is very limited without a long distance travel.

BTW, the Jeep will be my daily driver, so a demountable plow mount would be nice ala Homesteader.

Thanks,

Fran

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Snoway for sure has a mount available for a Cherokee, if you do a search for Cherokee or XJ on here you'll come up with a ton of hits.

3. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Thanks for the info festerw. Which SnoWay model do you have? ST? or MT?

Fran

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Mine is an older model DX around 5-6 yrs old from what I was told basically a precursor to the ST series with no down pressure and it works great. The hydraulics are blazing fast compared to the Meyer I ran on my old Dakota.

5. Capodosto

Capodosto Member

New plow on my XJ

I just bought (picked it up today) a Meyer TM-6.5 with the E58H pump for my 1992 Cherokee Sport. Paid $3,395 installed, complete with lights, markers, skids, etc. Seems real nice and is a good fit on the Cherokee. (I paid $895 for the Cherokee itself a few weeks ago, so the plow cost four times what I paid for the truck!)

Dan

6. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

That is so funny Capodosto!:D I bought a 1989 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 for $800 in August and just installed a 6.5' Western a week ago. :waving: :salute:

7. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

I bought the 00 Cherokee Sport. I have a SnoWay ST90 on order through plowsunlimited.com. It will come with the wireless keypad and downpressure.:cool: Tom at SnoWay has been a great help.

I hope it snows this year!!!

Looks like I need to change my logon name from JeepTJ to Jeep XJ!

Fran

8. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Yes that is a must:nod: