1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow setup 2005 Chevy Duramax 2500HD

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by skidoox800, Oct 4, 2014.

1. skidoox800

skidoox800 Junior Member

Hello All,

Well I have a few questions regarding a setup for y 2005 duramax CCSB 2500HD. I've never plowed with this truck in the past. Ive been doing some looking and plow manufacturers say that they don't make a plow for my truck as its front end is already at max weight with the diesel motor. Yet ive seen many of the same trucks with it. Talked to a few installers and they say they put them on alot with no issue, just put a leveling kit on?

Also my next question.

I already have a older mid 90s 7'6" western steel straight blade setup. Can off a chevy K5 blazer 1/2 ton. Issue is that mount wont fit my truck sense the frame rail setup is wider. I'd like to just keep the blade and get everything new (truck side mount, plow mount, wiring harness, lights, controller, pump) and put it on new truck? Is that an option get that stuff new for my truck with keeping the existing blade?

Anything I should be worried about? All help would be great!

2. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

I would either put a 8'6" mvpplus or a wideout on that truck without any questions. It all depends on what you are doing with it mostly for which plow will work best for your application.

Buy a whole new setup and save yourself the hassle. The blade itself is the cheapest part of the equipment and you will be happier in the long run.

3. skidoox800

skidoox800 Junior Member

its going to mostly be personal use. Nothing crazy

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

They don't make a unmount mount for your trk. They do make an ultramount mount and you can buy an adapter for it. You might have issues with the lightning, adaptors and relays, proper power and ground orientation and such. Might just cheaper and easier to buy the ultramount wiring with the Iso module.

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

You can put whatever plow you want on that truck. I know you probably don't want to spend the money on a new plow since you already have one sitting around. But for what you're going to pay for a trucside and all of the electrical crap you may be better off to buy a used one off of Craig's list that will be direct plug and play.

6. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Exactly what Jeff said.

7. skidoox800

skidoox800 Junior Member

Ok great! Know anyone selling one? Not much on Craig's now

8. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Sometimes you can find good ones on ebay since some people don't like using craigslist

9. JustJeff

Or look in the for sale section on here.

10. skidoox800

skidoox800 Junior Member

I don't see the forsale section on this forum anywhere? What's it under?

11. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Used plow and equipment section.

12. RS69

RS69 Junior Member

I have a 05 duramax with a Boss 7.5 straight blade. The plow was installed when the truck was new.

[​IMG]

13. JustJeff

Just a personal thing for me, but with a three quarter ton truck I'd definitely go larger than a seven and a half foot plow.

14. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

IMHO any full size truck needs an 8' blade _minimum_. I hate driving over what I've pushed with the rear wheels.