1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow set up on 03 duramax crew cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by skippy867, Mar 10, 2009.

1. skippy867

skippy867 Member

:drinkup: hello all, i was just wondering what would be the best plow set up for my 03 2500hd duramax, its a crew cab. i am looking to find the lightest but also quality plow. i would just be plowing some driveways, not commercial. I have been looking at the snodogg setup. any tips would be greatly appreciated. ( do you think my truck would handle a plow well), also would like to find a plow that is easily removed

:gunsfiring: xysport
  2. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

You should look into a western ultramount, pro plus, with at least a 7 1/2 foot blade. They are a great plow and are easy on/off. I've got a 7.5 unimount on my truck and the truck handled it with no problem. The guys I plow with all have 8.5 plows.
  3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldnt go with the lightest plow. Usually when you go with a light plow you are in the LD models made for 1/2 tons and Suv's. They are quality plows. But your truck can push down a house. So dont buy anything that your truck can bend and tear apart without even knowing it hapened. So get an 8ft at least since you have a crew cab. Almost all 8ft are HD plows. As for brand I am a Fisher guy. But you should buy what is easiest for you to get parts for. If you have a Sno-Dog dealer near you then go with that,