1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Set up for my truck

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by GSORK, Nov 25, 2011.

1. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

I was thinking about a plow
    I only plan on doing my personal driveway
    My Truck: 2002 Chevrolet Crew Cab Diesel Short Bed
    Boss8FT Super Duty Steel $4200 Dealer says this would work fine for my situation
    Boss 8.2 VXT Steel $5200.
    Boss 8.2 VXT Poly. $5400
    200 Ft Concrete driveway,200 FT Processed Gravel driveway with a 14 ft rise
    The truck has factory installed Frame Gusset.
  2. Schnabel Plowin

Schnabel Plowin Senior Member

If it were me I'd find a nice used plow for half that cost, but of those choices, the 8' straight would be PLENTY.
  3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I agree, just find a cheep used truck and plow or a farm tracter with a pucket.
  4. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

if you only do your own drive a straight blade will work. I can tell you right now dont expect to Push that snow straight. You will be windrowing (rotating the blade on either side of the driveway and pushing the snow to the sides. )
  5. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

if its just your drive whats wrong with that tractor in your sig pic? looks like a nice rig!!!!!! you could throw a cab on that tractor cheaper than the dollar amount you are talking about for the plow if your concern is comfort.
  6. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

Finding a used plow would work but I need it complete and have some install it. I don't want a beater truck. I have had them to much of a PIA. I have considered a tractor cab ,those run $5,000 If I go that route I want a snow blower on the front also.
    Thanks For all your input so far
  7. Schnabel Plowin

Schnabel Plowin Senior Member

A dealer can install a used plow for you on your truck. If you have too much money and you just want to blow some of it, get the new one. However, a used would be much more economical.
  8. Indy

Indy Senior Member

or go to the dealer and get the truck side done so you can just go pick up whatever plow you want....
  9. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Get the 8 ft. standard duty and be done with it. It'll be overkill really.
  10. pavwa

pavwa Member

If you really want new and its for your personal drive a 7.6 standard duty would work just fine and save a few $$$ too. I use one and I plow 3 commercials and 13 drives and it works fine for me. Or I can sell you mine if you live in my area
  11. sailorman3

sailorman3 Junior Member

I wish I lived where you guys live. I just had a 8 foot Super Duty installed and it cost me $5800 without taxes, ($6500 with taxes). And our dollar is worth more that the American dollar right now. There is only 1 Boss dealer here where I live in Newfoundland and thats the price you pay. I could have had one shipped in from the mainland, but shipping alone would have been so much it would only have saved a couple hundred dollars and then would have to still had it installed. We just get it from all directions here.