1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow seems to jump

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jimmyg1622, Feb 27, 2011.

1. jimmyg1622

jimmyg1622 Junior Member

Hey guys I have a 8 ft meyer with a e-57h pump when I fist start up the truck and raise the plow my plow will lift maybe an inch and then stop and go another inch and it dose this until I get it up about a foot and drop it. After I drop it, it works fine. I can also hear my solenoid kicking in and out. WTF what is this any ideas will help cause I have gone through everything but I'm going to start from scratch.

2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:mechanic: first check fluid level then i would look at red wire on coil might also have moisture in oil have you serviced it lateley i have rebuilt e 47.. e 57.. e 60.. for years im fairly good at trouble shooting them

3. jimmyg1622

jimmyg1622 Junior Member

Yes sir just serviced it this fall and I went out and re-checked that wire it seemed fine but took it off and cleaned it up anyhow. the fluid was a little low so I put some in but it still hops or jumps the first time I try to bring it up. I also noticed that it is floating left the first time i try to bring it up :dizzy:

4. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

how was filters when serviced how or rams pitted up bad do you leave this pump stored with ram down you can call me its a bit easyer to trouble shoot over phone 740 649 8015 rick 12.02 pm sunday 2 27 11 im thinking it has to do with dirt in valvescould be several problems to look at

5. jimmyg1622

jimmyg1622 Junior Member

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was wondering if this could be because I have air in the lines, it was about a month ago I took my plow all the way to left and it wouldn't go back, so I took the coupler of for the right ram turned it a little by hand and put the coupler back on. Then it worked fine in till this problem popped up. And if its possible that an air bubble is the problem what is the best way to bleed the lines?

6. NickT

NickT Senior Member

With the plow on the truck take one of the hoses off and put on a fitting that fits the one you took off to open the line push on the mold board so fluid is coming out but I agree with one of the other guys sounds like you have ice in the reservoire

7. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

does it just to it at first or all the time i have seen bent ram make them jump but i thinl you should change fluid and run it see if it helps also could be inner cylinderhas bad spot

8. jimmyg1622

jimmyg1622 Junior Member

Yes it only jumps the first time I go to raise the plow, after I raise it the first time and let it drop it works just fine. And I think I will try that with the hoses tomorrow. I EFFing tired tonight just re packed my auto-locking hubs and also found out that I need a new pvh solenoid something so small and simple cost $75, whats this world coming to