1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow search

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pelican, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Business was so good this year, I'm already planning for next. NOT!!!:rolleyes:

I'm looking at municiple duty plows and did a search on Frink to find a website, both here and on Google. Nada. While on my search I read about a number of other brands of this type plow, but again, no links. I'm looking for a 9' or 9 1/2' straight blade for an F-550, any suggestions anyone can make are appreciated, I'm still researching. Also, if you can provide a web address or phone number of the manufacturer, that will help too.

I've got literature from Viking Plow, so that one's covered. Thanks guys!

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I think Frink was bought out by another company.

Try looking into Everest plows.

You could also run a Fisher Muni plow. The town here has these on their new 550s.

3. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Steve,

Did you dig DEEP into Chuck's website? That man has everything.LOL Also call Dutchess Diesel in Millerton.

Good Luck

4. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

Pelican, try www.bonnell.com or call them at 1-800-851-9664 and ask for Joe Bonnell, they make muni plows

5. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

This is what I found:

"In the 1930's Frink was the biggest plow manufactuer in America. Frink was getting orders from all around the world. All of the machines were designed and built by Frink himself. Unfortunately, the Frink America plant in Clayton was shut down in the year 2000."

6. nysmokeater

nysmokeater Junior Member

The Frink factory is about 15 miles from my house, they closed their doors in early 2000,gave employees 1 hours notice, how nice!! try Viking plows, manufactured in Harrisville NY about 40 miles from here, good quality municiple plows, as good or better than Frinks.

7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

According to what I read on my Frink search here at Plowsite, Frink has been bought up by Everest, a Canadian company. A Google search on Everest turned up a Vermont Highway dept. that uses two, but no Everest website.

Mike, thanks for the tip, I'll give them a call this week.

8. ELITE LAWN

ELITE LAWN Junior Member

pelican01,

Blizzard was working on building a 8-12 for 450 and up. I would check in with blizzard on how they are coming with that plow. Last I heard there was only a prototype but could be ready for next season. Works the same as our 8-10.

9. nysmokeater

Everest has a small facilitity here to,just for parts and such, however stay away from them, Everest plows are junk, we had 2 and got rid of them, like I said if you are looking for a quality municipal plow get a Viking you wont go back.

10. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

SMOKEATER........Hey Alexandria Bay here !
    Where do you live ? Stop by the Bridgeview
    motel on rt.12...Thats my summer place !
    Email...sonjaab@aol.com
    We can hook up and have a cold one !.....Geo

11. nysmokeater

Sonjabb- Watertown here, nice to see a fellow snowbelter on here, hey if you know of any 8' Fisher plows to fit a 93 Dodge let me know, i am in the market, prefer conventional mount overMinute Mount

12. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Smokeeater, Watertown huh? Man I tell
    ya we got more snow in Alex Bay this year
    than I have seen in YEARS ! Remember the
    power snow we got from X-mas to New years
    day ? My place in Hannibal got NONE !
    My buddies up there BROKE both of their trucks
    that week. They used my new rig to plow
    their businesses and apartments that week !
    I told 'em don't scratch or dent it ! Blow the
    motor or trans...under warranty who cares !
    I have a new western ultra mount....worked
    great !

I sold my 10 yo conventional mount western to
    a bud up there ! Keep your eyes open to the
    Syracuse paper..LOTS of used plows in there
    even new ones for a song....Dealers here are
    overstocked and discounting heavily !
    Keep us posted................Geo

13. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

14. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 11, 2002
  15. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I'm looking at an F-550 with a combination body, ideally I'd like a bottom trip poly plow. Thanks to everyone who's commented so far, there are a lot of good manufacturers out there.

I'm undecided on the width of the plow too. Some manufacturers suggest 9' while others suggest 10'. Does anyone plow with this truck and what size do you use?

16. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Henderson Mfg makes a nice poly unit for that truck.
    Dino