1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow/Sander Fell Apart

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Salvatore, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Salvatore

Salvatore Junior Member

:realmad:I own a 2001 Dodge Dakota and just purchased a new plow/sander this week-a Snow Way-$5,000 in equipment. I am from Eastern MA and received almost 3 ft of snow. Was plowing last night and the sander which holds 300 lbs of sand snapped off the back of the truck. An hour later I heard a crunching noise in the front of the truck which I thought was a broken shock. It was the Timbre(sp?) Cushion that fell off-they told me I needed these to support the weight of the plow. I could not plow at all due to my truck sagging to the right...thousands of dollars lost, as well as current and potential customers.
    What would you do in this case...seek retribution from dealer that sold/installed? What an upsetting day.

2. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

Dude that sucks!! What size plow is on your truck ? And I would definitely contact the seller / installer

3. Salvatore

Salvatore Junior Member

a 6.5 ft plow...it looked real nice...lexian (sp?)...got a lot of compliments - wish I got business.

4. Radguy

Radguy Member

Man that sucks big time!!!!

I hope that doesn't happen to me...I just bought a 94' Toyota w/a 6.5 fisher...so far so good...minus the dirty connectors:cool:

As far as retributions....not sure on what you could do?:confused:

5. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Here's what's happened to me over the last few days. Old truck though, so it's understandable....
    Ran out of gas... several times. (gas guage broken--and i discoverd a leak in the fuel line too)
    Alternator gave up the ghost on the highway, got towed to a nearby lot by a fellow plower, then got helped from there by a friend.
    Broke a u-joint in the front driveshaft. Unlocked the hubs and limped back in 2WD, got back on the road within 2 hours.
    Lots of stuff wrong with this old, abused Jeep, but it works and it was half the price of a plow setup for my newer Jeep.

-Jer

6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

older equipment does break down but newer equipment can suck to. the 2001 chevy we own has already blown 2 tranny's. the first one at 12,000 miles:realmad: the second one just a few days ago:mad: :mad: it sucks when equipment breaks but ya just gotta deal with it:gunsfiring:

7. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Would it have worked to remove other Timbren (spelling?) and kept plowing. It would only have made the front end lower this one time.

I would network around your area to find a mechanic open all hours (some do during storms) that can weld to try to keep you on the road in the event of something breaking in future storms.

Jer - I didn't know you were on this site, lol (I already heard the story, hehe).

-John :cool:

8. North Country

North Country Senior Member

WOW!

Please see my other post for a list of mishaps! from the first big storm of 2003.

It sounds like a combination of things, installation and equipment failure. You need to go after the right people and be relentless in your pursuit of justice (Sorry got a little crazy there), but you need to take care of this now before any warranties run out. You should also contact the manufacturer explain it to them and tell them what dealer you used. If it is an installation issue I am sure they will be interested, because it is a misrepresentaion of their product. Good Luck and post your outcome. - michael

9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

Fired up one of our sanders last week, engine seized only 2 years old.. Fired up another sander yesterday engine seized. Couldn't get them overnighted i got raped at a local place $650 per engine.....