1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Sale

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by caelach, Apr 24, 2005.

1. caelach

caelach Junior Member

Is there a time of year that plows become cheaper, like about now, the seasons over? I ask for both new and used.

Thanks to you all who answered my other questions here as well.
  2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Yes buy now if your looking for a tried and true new blade or spreader that wont be changing for the better. Used stuff is prime for the takin now, lots of guys who thought they were gonna make millions are unloading cause they lost there shorts. New stuff is at its lowest priceing also, if your dealer wont budge find one that will. It costs money to store stuff, you should see some sort of discount on new stuff as well.
  3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Check out ebay. There are several that have very little use on them for sale right now. I believe that there is even one seller that is selling a brand new 8 ft Pro with a Buy It Now of 2900.

4. Chainlink

Chainlink Member
    from Vermont

Heck I am selling mine, I am relocating not because I lost my shirt :) ...And I am assuming I wont get what I would like. Setting up ebay for it in a few days, need sunny day for pics.
  5. classicman

classicman Member

Come get it

3800. My old Chevy. I use it as my prime. Beefed springs, Western blade.
    This is a pure plower.
  6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Most dealers, are also truck upfitters, mechanics or somethng simliar. They need room for other stuff in the spring, so the best time IMO is at the end of winter. I have gotten some great deals so that my dealer could make more room.

Fall is the worst time to buy a plow.